Since ancient times, people have been using garlic both in the kitchen and as a medicine due to its amazing health properties. Whole preserved cloves were even found in Tutankhamun’s tomb.
Garlic originates from central Asia, but today it is spread all over the world. In the past, the Native Americans, the Romans, Greeks and Japanese valued garlic as a potent medicinal.
Roasted Garlic Cloves Health Benefits
Due to the high amount of antioxidants present in garlic, it can be used in the prevention of common cold. Moreover, it also has potent antibacterial and anti-fungal properties which is why it is considered as the best option for treating infections.
According to some researchers, garlic has the ability to protect from cancer as well since it contains organosulfur.
Different studies have shown that garlic can aid in the prevention of breast, prostate, pancreatic, stomach, brain, lung, bladder, colon, rectal and esophagus cancer. Moreover, garlic is an amazing treatment for high blood pressure late I pregnancy, flu, swine flu, yeast infection, enlarged prostate, hayfever, diabetes, osteoarthritis, etc.
Another great use of garlic is to use is as a mosquito repellant. According to one study, taking 1200mg of garlic capsules internally for eight weeks will reduce the risk of tick bites by as much 21%.
At last but not least, you can also use garlic to treat common illnesses like headaches, toothaches, stomach aches, sore throat, asthma, bronchitis, shortness of breath, fever and congestion.
The most interesting fact about the healing properties of garlic is that they can start working within 24 hours. In order to get the most powerful healing effects from garlic, experts suggest consuming 6 roasted garlic cloves on a daily basis.
Here’s what you can expect:
Hour 1: within the first hour, your body slowly digests the garlic, thus feeding your body.
Hours 2-4: during this period, garlic starts destroying the cancer cells and prevents free radical damage.
Hours 4-6: the garlic has the ability to pull excess fluids and fat from your body since your metabolism begins to speed up.
Hours 6-7: garlic destroys any harmful bacteria inside your organism due to its powerful antibacterial properties.
Hours 6-10: your cells get affected by the bountiful nutrients contained in garlic, this providing oxidant effects.
Hours 10-24: Your body starts to undergo a deep cleansing and detoxing, which leads to:
- Increased cellular longevity
- Improved energy
- Regulated cholesterol levels
- Strengthened immunity
- Improved athletic performance and endurance
- Increased sexual libido and sperm count
- Improved bone strength
- Lower blood pressure
- Cardio-protection for your entire cardiovascular system
- Reduced levels of heavy metals—garlic can also prevent further heavy metal contamination
Make sure to continue consuming garlic after the improvements as well, because its consumption on a daily basis will keep you strong, full of energy, rejuvenated and most importantly, healthy.
How To Roast Garlic Cloves
It is very simple process, all you have to do is to:
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- After that, peel the outer layers of the bulb but make sure to leave the skins of the individual cloves of garlic.
- Remove the first ¼ to a ½ inch from the top of cloves with a sharp knife.
- Then, take a muffin pan and place the garlic heads cut side up. Use olive oil to drizzle and rub it into the cloves. Use aluminum foil in order to cover the bulb.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until soft.
- In the end, allow the garlic to cool and remove the skin from around each clove.
In order to store roasted garlic, just freeze it in an ice cube tray. Another solution is to store in the refrigerator covered in oil in a container with a lid for up to a week.