The liver is an extremely important organ in our body because its major role is to break down fats and produce energy in a fat metabolism. Moreover, it has the ability to regenerate on its own. However, we need to treat it properly and keep it as healthy as we can.
On the other hand, if we don’t take proper care of the liver, it will result in numerous ailments which can be even life-threatening. Excessive consumption of alcohol, unhealthy diet, taking certain medications and being overweight are the most common causes of liver damage.
Luckily, the nature provided us with an amazing fruit called tamarind which has been used in traditional medicine since ancient times in Africa and Asia. It has numerous health benefits. This fruit has the ability to fight against almost all liver problems such as eliminating the fat in your liver and detoxify your body as well.
Moreover, it is also able to cure and health problem associated with the bile, lower cholesterol, improve digestion and to protect the liver as well.
Recipe for treating fatty liver disease and hepatitis:
This is very simple to prepare, just make sure to follow the instructions. First of all, put 2 handfuls of peeled tamarind in a blender and then add one liter of water. Mix the ingredients well and then strain the mixture. Drink this beverage throughout the whole day.
Fill a pot with one liter of water and then ad 25 well-washed tamarind leaves. Boil the mixture for 15 to 20 minutes and then allow it to cool down. You are allowed to add some honey or brown sugar into the tea for better taste.
Make sure to drink this tea twice per day, one cup in the morning and one cup in the evening for best results.
Here is how you can use the tamarind – Health benefits of the tamarind:
- This fruit can help you reduce constipation, all you have to do is to eat a few tablespoons of it.
- Its consumption will also help you reduce the level of acidity in the body as well as to enhance the function of bile in the liver.
- Tamarind is also able to treat dysentery.
- Drinking the tea from tamarind leaves can help you reduce malarial fever.
- Tamarind is a rich source of vitamin C which works as a potent antioxidant. Due to this, it will preserve healthy gums and will maintain the body functions.
- The consumption of this fruit will also preserve your cardiovascular health because of its ability to reduce the level of harmful cholesterol (LDL).
- You can also use tamarind leaves to treat intestinal infections in children.
- In order to treat hepatitis, you just need to eat tamarind on a regular basis.
- This fruit can also help you in the battle with cancer due to its antioxidants like naringenin and phenols.
- Tamarind is a rich source of many different nutrients like fiber, calcium, magnesium, thiamin, iron, phosphorus, copper, and niacin. The high levels of these nutrients make the tamarind a real “super fruit.”
As you can realize on your own, this fruit has numerous health benefits so you should definitely incorporate it in your daily diet and stay healthy.