People are so lucky because the nature provided us with a miraculous plant named Malunggay which originates from the foothills of the Himalayas in northwestern India. However, it is most commonly known as a horseradish tree, drumstick tree or Moringa among people. People consider this plant as nature’s medicine cabinet due to its incredible health properties, vitamin and mineral content. This plant has the ability to treat many different diseases and health conditions.
Many people have been using both the leaves and the juice from Moringa plant in the treatment of numerous different ailments, but you should also incorporate it in your daily diet in order to boost your immune system and to prevent many diseases as well.
In this article we will present you how to prepare an extremely healthy juice from this plant and we will show you all the health benefits it provides.
Malunggay Health Benefits
- Malunggay contains phytochemicals which have potent anti-cancer properties. This is the main reason why it is considered as one of the most important natural ingredients in the treatment and prevention of cancer cells from growing.
- It is also abundant in potassium, containing 3 times the amount found in bananas.
- It has the ability to improve the reproductive health, especially when it comes to men.
- The vitamin A content in Malunggay is 4 times the amount found in carrots.
- It also has the ability to treat various skin conditions, control blood pressure and to relieve headaches.
- Moringa’s leaves have the ability to boost the immune system.
- Breastfeeding mothers should definitely incorporate moringa plant in their daily diet since it has high levels of calcium. A daily consumption of this plant will stimulate the production of breast milk and it will also enrich it with more calcium.
- Moringa tea has the ability to reduce inflammation in joints and tendons.
- Malunggay also has the ability to control blood sugar levels which is why it can be used in the prevention of diabetes.
- It is also a rich source of vitamin C, containing the amount of vitamin C found in 7 oranges.
Malunggay Juice Nutrients
- Vitamin A – important for prevention of heart, eye, and skin-related diseases.
- Vitamin C – one of the best weapons against cold and flu, fever, and cough
- Vitamin D – helps prevent cancer development
- Calcium – the most important mineral for strong bones and teeth and helps prevent various bone diseases
- Potassium – boosts the brain health
- Protein – helps the muscle development
How to Prepare Malunggay Juice
- 1 cup of Malunggay
- 1 cup of water
First of all, you need to remove the stems from Malunggay plant. After that, pour some water in a blender, add the leaves and blend them well. Your juice is ready and you can enjoy its amazing health benefits throughout the whole day.