The food we eat, air we breathe may contain harmful toxins. Even the following household items:
- Artificial sweeteners– people add it to coffee instead of sugar but it is more harmful since it contains:
– Aspartame – fatal in case of phenylketonuria and linked to skin cancer
–Sorbitol – causes diarrhea, bloating and gasses due to indigestion
– Acesulfame K – affects pregnancy and is cancerogenic
– Saccharin -is linked to bladder cancer
Instead try these replacements:
– Xylitol – reduces tooth decay risk and improves bone density
–Yacon syrup – helps with constipation and feeds the beneficial bacteria in your gut
– Stevia – it will lower your cholesterol and blood sugar levels
- Non-stick cookware
Try cooking with ceramic pans and pots instead of non-stick cookware since it releases toxins in food at high temperatures which is carcinogenic .
- Plastic bottles and food containers
Use metal, reusable water bottles or food containers since plastic bottles and food containers have Bisphenol-A (BPA)- a compound used to harden plastic bottles and other products which has been related to brain, behavioral and prostate disorders.
- Commercial cleaning product
Try baking soda and vinegar instead commercial cleaning product since they are linked to numerous respiratory problems and hormonal imbalances.
- Air fresheners
According to a study conducted at the Public Health England’s Center for Radiation, Chemical and Environmental Hazards, common air fresheners contain a big amount of formaldehyde – a carcinogen related to numerous serious diseases. Use essential oils instead since air fresheners are more dangerous than cigarette smoke and can cause asthma, hormonal imbalances and respiratory problems.