Walk into any store today and you will see so many cockroach repellents.
While some are effective most are highly toxic and can cause mild to severe health issues like respiratory problems, skin and eye irritation as well as cancer.
You need to avoid these carcinogenic products and rather try using a more natural approach to getting rid of these pesky insects.
What You Need For This Homemade Cockroach Repellent Recipe
- Egg yolk – 1
- Boric acid – 30 to 50 grams
- Mix your egg yolk with the boric acid until you are able to get a thick paste.
- You should mold this paste into several small balls of about 1 cm in diameter.
- Let these balls dry out for about 1 hour.
- Once they are dry you can distribute them in corners around your home and in cupboards, basically anywhere you may have seen or noticed that cockroaches converge in your home.
The places you should focus on are:
- Your kitchen area
- Toilets and bathrooms.
Cockroaches will touch the balls out of curiosity and in the process they will be poisoned and made to have a severe itch or rash, they will then be paralysed and be killed subsequently.
These balls are of no danger to your loved ones and even household pets. Boric acid is non-toxic and in a common ingredient in a lot of disinfectants.
If you can get boric acid powder, then you can use a 3% boric acid solution as a viable alternative.
These balls are highly effective and within 4 weeks you will notice a lot of dead cockroaches lying about on the floor of your home.