An excess amount of purines causes the formation of uric acid crystals, thus leading to the development of gout. This type of arthritis occurs when excessive amounts of uric acid get stored in the joints and it usually affects adults.
The main symptoms of gout are swelling, tightness felt in the hands and big toes, redness and pain. Besides this, it can also affect other parts of the body like elbows, knees, shoulders and ankles.
Fortunately, there are some natural remedies which will help you get rid of the uric acid from the joints and we will present some of them in this article.
Causes of Gout
The following causes of gout are the most common ones and most of them are serious chronic diseases and conditions.
- Alcohol Consumption
Reducing Uric Acid
When the excessive amount of protein is not eliminated from our body through sweat and urine and it exceeds the normal levels, it gets stored in specific areas, thus forming gout. In order to prevent that, you should follow a healthy diet. For instance, you should consume foods containing low levels of purine but with high levels of water, like cucumbers because there are 7 mg of purines in just 100 gr of cucumbers. Its consumption will help you prevent gout but it will also help you reduce the existing uric acid levels.
Drinking a lot of water is yet another important alternative because keeping your body well hydrated will help you eliminate the uric acid crystals stored in your joints. Moreover, make sure to consume foods with high levels of water such as strawberries, watermelon, zucchini, squash, etc.
8 Home Remedies to Reduce Uric Acid
In order to reduce the high levels of uric acid in your blood and to prevent joint pain, try these home remedies which will help you reduce the high levels of uric acid in your blood.
- Take a juicer and add 4 carrots, one mango, a slice of pineapple and 30gr of strawberries. Mix them well and drink the juice on an empty stomach. If your symptoms worsen, you should drink another glass of this juice at night.
- Pour one liter of water, add 30 grams of strawberries and boil them for 5 minutes. After that, strain and drink the juice 3 times per day.
- Add half an onion in 30 gr of water, boil it for three minutes and then leave it to stand for 5 minutes. After that, strain the liquid, add a bit of honey and drink the solution 3 times per day.
- First of all, boil a pint of water, then add half an onion, 50gr of cabbage and 3 parsley sprigs. Allow them to stand for 15 minutes and then remove from heat. In the end, strain the liquid and allow it to cool before adding the juice of one lemon. Make sure to drink this beverage right before lunch.
- In boiled water, add an ear of corn cob, continue boiling it for another ten minutes and then remove from heat. Strain the liquid and your remedy is ready for usage. Make sure to drink this solution three times per day.
- In half a liter of boiled water, add 2 tbsp of elderflowers, cover the mixture and after ten minutes strain the liquid. Let it cool and then drink it. You can also add some honey for better taste. Prepare this remedy on a daily basis.
- Use one ripe tomato to prepare a tomato juice. Drink it 3 times per day. Besides that, you should also add more tomatoes in your everyday diet.
- Prepare a mixture with 3 tbsp of each soybean and rosemary oil and then apply the mixture and massage the painful area in order to get a relief.
Natural Juice Recipe to Treat Gout
You can also prepare this popular and extremely effective juice which will definitely help you in the treatment of gout.
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 tsp. of grated ginger root
- 1 slice of lemon
First of all, slice both the celery and cucumber, mix them together in a food processor and add the rest of the ingredients. Mix them all until you prepare a smooth consistency. Once prepared, make sure to drink this juice 1 to 3 times per day, preferably the first thing in the morning.
Besides drinking this natural juice, you should also do a lot of exercise and follow a healthy diet.