Uric acid crystals are formed when there’s an excess amount of purines, which leads to development of the arthritis type known as gout. Gout usually affects adults, and occurs when excessive amounts of uric acid get stored in the joints.
It’s a rather painful condition, followed by redness, swelling, and tightness felt usually in the hands and big toes. However, it can affect other parts of the body as well, such as shoulders, ankles, knees, and elbows.
Luckily, you can eliminate the uric acid crystals from the joints, thus relieve your gout pain and other symptoms, with the help of the few natural remedies presented in this post.
Causes of Gout
Here are the most common causes of gout, many of which are serious chronic illnesses and conditions.
- Alcohol Consumption
Reducing Uric Acid
Gout occurs when your body is forced to process excessive amounts of protein from red meat or similar foods. Although most of them are eliminated through sweat and urine, there are others which remain in the body. If the remains exceed the normal levels, they get stored in specific areas.
Following a healthy diet is extremely important to prevent creation of uric acid crystals, having in mind that gout is mainly caused by improper diet. You should consume foods with low levels of purine and high levels of water. For instance, choose cucumbers as in 100 gr there are just 7 mg of purines. In this way you will not only prevent gout, but you will also reduce the existing uric acid levels.
Another important factor is drinking lots of water. While keeping you hydrated, water will also help eliminate the uric acid crystals stored in your joints. Besides drinking plenty of water, you should also consume foods with high levels of water, including squash, zucchini, watermelon, strawberries, etc.
How To EFFECTIVELY Prevent Gout and Joint Pain by Removing Uric Acid Crystallization From The Body
8 Home Remedies to Reduce Uric Acid
These home remedies can reduce the high levels of uric acid in your blood and joints which start to concern you.
1. Mix 30 gr of strawberries, a slice of pineapple, one mango, and four carrots in a juicer. Drink the juice on an empty stomach, but if your symptoms worsen drink another glass of the juice at night.
2. Boil 30gr of cranberries in 1 l of water for five minutes. Strain and drink the liquid up to three times a day.
3. Boil 1 l of water with half an onion for three minutes. Let it stay for five minutes, and then strain. Add a bit of honey if the taste is too strong for you. Consume this drink up to three times a day.
4. Boil a pint of water and add 50 gr of cabbage, 3 parsley sprigs, and half an onion. Let them stay for 15 minutes, and then remove from heat. Strain and allow the liquid to cool before adding the juice of one lemon. The best time to have this drink is right before your lunch.
5. Boil some water and add an ear of corn cob. Boil for another ten minutes and then remove from heat. Strain and your remedy is ready. Drink the liquid for up to three times a day.
6. Add two tablespoons of elderflowers in ½ a liter of boiled water. Cover, and after 5-10 minutes strain the liquid. You can drink it after it cools, and add some honey if you prefer a sweeter taste. Prepare this remedy every day.
7. Drink squeezed tomato juice, prepared from only one ripe tomato. Have this juice three times a day. Another option is to add more tomatoes in your everyday diet.
8. Combine three tablespoons of soybean oil and three tablespoons of rosemary oil. Rub and massage the painful area with this oil combination.
Natural Juice Recipe to Treat Gout
Besides these natural remedies, here’s a recipe of one very popular juice that effectively treats gout.
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 tsp. of grated ginger root
- 1 slice of lemon
Slice the celery and cucumber, and mix them in a food processor or blender together with the rest of the ingredients. Mix until you get a smooth consistency. Drink the juice 1 to 3 times daily, preferably the first thing in the morning.
Don’t forget that you should also exercise a lot, and follow a healthy diet.