As you all know, the consumption of fruits and vegetables is associated with a lower risk of many health conditions related to lifestyle. Even though eggplants are not that popular among people, they are still extremely nutritious and therefore good for our overall health.
Many nutritionists suggest people to consume eggplants on a daily basis since they are a rich source of vitamins, fiber, nasunin and chlorogenic acid. Moreover, an increased consumption of eggplants will decrease the risk of obesity, diabetes, heart disease, and general mortality. On the other hand, it will increase your energy and it will promote healthy skin and hair.
This is what the humble eggplant can do to help you live healthier:
- The consumption of eggplant on a regular basis helps prevent blood clots because of their maximum of vitamin K and bioflavonoids that strengthen the capillaries content
- Eggplants can lower bad cholesterol but only if they are cooked poperly. Never fry eggplants, instead you should bake them.
- Due to their fiber content, eggplants protect your digestive tract. In fact, regular consumption of eggplant can protect you from colon cancer
- The consumption of eggplants will help you improve your blood circulation and nourish your brain since they contain essential phytonutrients. However, these nutrients are concentrated in the skin of the eggplant, so do not throw it away.
- Due to the high content of soluble fiber and low carbohydrate content of eggplants, they have been used for the control and management of diabetes.
- Eggplants are the best solution when it comes to controlling blood pressure and relieving stress since they contain bioflavonoids.
- The iron, calcium and other minerals present in this vegetable supply the essential nutrients required by the body.
- Eggplants are great for reducing weight since they are low in calories, with only 35 per cup, they don’t contain fat and are high in fiber which will help you fill full throughout the day.