Nowadays, people lead fast lifestyle, they have many obligations at home and at work which is why many of them suffer from headaches and anxiety and are constantly stressed.
We all want more from life, not just sleep, eat, go to work, finish our daily tasks and repeat the cycle every single day. Due to this kind of lifestyle, people often feel anxiety or are overwhelmed when they look at their lives. In this article we will present you some tricks which you can use in order to deal with these things.
At first, we should explore this feeling inside us, we should convince ourselves that things can be different, that our world doesn’t have to be the way it is.
Beside inspiring people to begin that exploration and letting them know that they are not crazy, we will also present you a few things that will help you stay relaxed and relieve headaches:
Lavander oil is extremely beneficial for your overall health due to its healing properties which makes it people’s favorite essential oil. It contains more than 150 active constituents, and as a result it is extremely effective at healing many different health conditions. Moreover, it has amazing antidepressant, antimicrobial, analgesic, detoxifier, sedative, hypotensive, antibacterial, antiseptic, antifungal and andtibacterial properties.
According to some researchers from Florida, this oil is very beneficial when it comes to reducing anxiety and lowering pulse rates in nursing students taking stressful tests. Moreover, lavander oil is used in hospital settings in order to decrease pre-surgery distress and it is even more relaxing than massage or merely resting.
It also has medicinal properties which is why it’s able to reduce depression, ease labor pains and improve insomnia.
A previous research on lavander has focused on the administration of lavander via an olfactory route and several small and medium-sized clinical trialss have demonstrated the anxiolytic activity of lavender olfaction. According to the experts, the efficacy of aromatherapy of lavander are due to the psychological effects of the fragrance combined with physiological effects of volatile oils in the limbic system. It should also be mentioned that lavander oil olfaction has the ability to decrease anxiety, as measured by the Hamilton rating scale, 51 and can increase mood scores
The following are selected examples of clinical trials on lavender aromatherapy:
- Dun and his colleagues conducted a study where individuals received at least 1 session of aromatherapy with 1 % lavander essential oil. The first treatment showed significant anxiolyctic effects, while the 2nd and 3rd treatments did not appear to be as effective.
- Another trial conducted by Alaoui and collegues discovered that subjects consider lavander’s aroma as very pleasant and it’s correlated with changes in the autonomic nervous system.
- Tysoe and colleagues discovered that lavander aroma improves the work environment in hospital settings.
- According to Diego and colleagues, people who receive lavander oil (10%) olfaction for 3 minutes, are feeling more relaxed and have a decreased anxiety scores, increased speed of mathematical calculations, increased scores of alpha power on EEG (an indicator of alertness, and improved mood.
- Lewith and coleagues conducted a study on female patients who were being treated with chronic hemodialysis and they focused on the effects of lavander aromatherapy which were measured using the Hamilton rating scale for depression and the Hamilton rating scale for anxiety. The results showed that lavender aroma significantly decreased the mean scores of HAMA, suggesting an effective, noninvasive means for the treatment of anxiety in hemodialysis patients.
- It should also be mentioned that lavander aromatherapy, with or without massage can also reduce the need for conventional analgesics in both adults and children, and the perception of pain.
DIY Lavender Lemonade with Lavender Essential Oil
- 1 drop lavender essential oil
- 1 cup raw honey
- 12 cups pure water
- 6 lemons, peeled and juiced
- Lavender sprigs for garnish
Put all the ingredients in a pot, mix them well and chill. You can add more raw honey or water if needed.
Other ways you can use Lavender Oil for Anxiety and Headaches
- If you have dry skin, mix 5-6 drops of Lavander essential oil to your bath water.
- For natural stress relief, just diffuse 10 to 12 drops of Lavander into the air during your workday.
- In order to ward of insects, fall asleep faster, relax your mind or improve your skin, you should add 2 drops of Lavander per ounce of your favorite lightly scented, unrefined organic oil (like almon oil or olive oil) and apply it on your skin.