Fungal infections such as athlete’s foot are most commonly caused by trichophyton fungus. The usual symptoms of this condition are: blistered skin, cracked, red, dry, itchy and scaly skin.
Even though this condition is not extremely serious, it still needs to be treated in order to stop its spreading to other body parts. You should know that you can spread this infection easily, just by scratching the infected skin and then touching other parts of your body.
Moreover, Athlete’s foot can be transmitted from one person to another as well and this can occur via contacting infected surfaces.
As you can realize on your own, athlete’s foot is pretty contagious and it is easily spread in humid places such as swimming pools, nail salons and gym locker rooms.
People who have more than usual sweaty feet or those who keep their feet wet for a long time are the ones that are most prone to this condition. If you belong to any of the groups, be very careful.
How to Get Rid of Your Painful Athlete’s Foot – Home Remedies
As you all know, garlic has strong antibacterial and antifungal properties which is why it is highly beneficial when it comes to destroying the bactera that causes certain infections. In order to treat Athlete’s foot, follow these instructions:
- Take five pods of garlic, then peel them and crush them.
- Next, apply the garlic directly onto the affected area.
- Secure the garlic using a sterilized gauze or a duct tape, and leave it to act for several hours.
- In the end, remove the applied garlic and after 20 minutes repeat the treatment. Perform this method 3 times per day for a whole month.
- You should continue using this treatment for 15 more days. Once the treatment is done, you will noitice that the infection is gone.
Tea contains tannic acid which is a natural astringent which helps control fungal activity. Moreover, it also helps preventing excess moisture of the feet.
- Pour 4 cups of water, boil it and then add 5 bags of black tea. After that, let the water cool.
- Once the mixture is cold, soak your feet into it for 30 minutes. After that, dry your feet thoroughly.
- Repeat the procedure twice a day for five to six weeks.
- Just like garlic, cinnamon also has potent antifungal and antiperspirant properties which will not only help you eliminate the infection, but will also help you relax.
- Break 10 cinnamon sticks into tiny pieces and add them into four cups of boiling water.
- Let them simmer for 5 minutes on low temperature and then let them steep for 45 minutes.
- Once prepared, you should soak your feet in the solution for at least half an hour. Repeat this procedure every evening before you go to bed for one to two months.
You all know that baking soda is one of the most powerful natural ingredient that can treat numerous diseases. If you didn’t know, you can also use it to prevent excess moisture In the feet. Moreover, it will help you neutralize the skin’s pH level and control fungal activities.
- First of all, prepare a combination of 3 parts of baking soda and 1 part of cold water. Mix them well until you get a thick paste.
- Once prepared, apply the paste to your feet by making circular motions and make sure to cover all feet areas. In the end, let it dry for several minutes.
- Finally, wash your feet with cool water and pat them dry.