Have you ever heard about skin icing? It’s an amazing technique which has long been used in spas and skin care treatments because of its numerous skin benefits.
Now we’re going to show you how you can do it at home and improve your skin quality, without spending hundreds on expensive spa treatments, But first let’s see what you can use it for.
6 Amazing Benefits of Skin Icing
- Makes your skin glow
Skin icing improves the blood circulation, giving your face a natural, fresh glow. Just try it out and watch the compliments pile up!
- Reduces stains
Skin icing is also very beneficial if you have problems with blemishes, pimples, redness and skin inflammation. You can treat acne as well by applying ice cubes directly on them. Just place an ice cube and hold it for a few seconds until the skin gets numb. Repeat the process every other day, before you go to bed.
- Eliminate dark circles
If you have a problem with dark circles under the eyes you can use a mixture of frozen water with cucumber juice to eliminate them. Dark circles can be caused by a number of reasons, but whatever the reason, this technique will help you eliminate the puffiness.
- Skin toning
Skin icing is a cheap skin toner and works great when applied before makeup. It minimizes the pores underneath the makeup, and the foundation looks smooth and flawless. Try icing your face and then apply your primer.
- An excellent substitute for make up
Whenever you’re in a hurry and don’t have the time to apply makeup, skin icing can give just what you need to refresh your look. Wrap some ice cubes in a cloth and run them over your face. It’ll make your skin radiant and fresh – au naturel.
- Wrinkle prevention
Using this skin icing technique regularly will reduce wrinkles and prevent the appearance of new ones.
Things to remember about using skin icing:
- You don’t always have to use a cloth when you apply the ice cubes but it’s recommended that you use gloves so that the cubes won’t melt right away.
- You can use a cloth or apply the cubes directly, you’ll get the same result.
- Extreme cold can damage the small capillaries under the skin, so don’t use the ice cubes right out of the freezer. Wait a minute or two before applying them on your face.
- If you already have damaged capillaries this technique is not recommended.
- Whenever you feel like you can’t take the cold anymore, stop with the icing. Don’t keep them on your face for more than 15 minutes.
- Here’s what you can use to make the ice cubes and get even better results: mix some water with rose water, lemon juice, chamomile tea, green tea, cucumber or any other beneficial fruit or herb. Mix it up and freeze it and give yourself the ultimate spa experience!