Beets are considered as one of the healthiest vegetables in the world. People use beets in order to prepare juice that tastes great in soups. Beside being sweet, filling and wonderful, beets have many health benefits as well.
People most commonly use beets to relieve disorders like anemia, because they are a rich source of iron and are a great food to eat if you are menstruating. Even Hippocrates used beets as a healing plant. For centuries know, people have been using beets to treat many different health problems.
Right after garlic, this vegetable has the highest content of iron. When it comes to iodine content, this vegetable is second to kale. Due to the fact that beets are loaded with many healthy nutrients, they can boost your metabolism and can give your body potent antioxidants that are more common in red beets.
Here are 12 good reasons why you should add more beets to your healthy diet:
- Beets are a rich source of B vitamins and PP which strengthens capillary walls.
- They are also loaded with polyphenols and betalains and these powerful compounds prevent free radical damage and oxidative stress.
- Moreover, they contain high amounts of cobalt which supports the formation of vitamin B 12. Your intestinal microflora produces this vitamin. Without vitamin B12 and folic acid, the formation of erythrocytes is practically impossible.
- Beets also have a great mineral content: folate and potassium protect the heart, copper targets free radicals, magnesium strengthens bones, iron and phosphorus stimulate energy, and iodine participates in the biosynthesis of thyroid hormones.
- You can also use beets to cleanse your body and flush toxins out of the organism
- According to experts, people should consume beets on a daily basis in order to rejuvenate their body. Beets are rich in folic acid which aid in the formation of new cells.
- Dietary fiber stimulates digestion.
- Beets are also loaded with betacyanins which will help you inhibit cancer cell growth.
- It will improve the digestion of vitamin D.
- This super healthy vegetable will also boost your metabolism.
- Beets contain even more pectin than carrots, which aids in the elimination of radioactive and heavy metals from the body. Moreover, it helps to prevent the spreading of dangerous intestinal bacteria and various ailments.
- This super healthy vegetable contains high amounts of nitrates which when ingested, turn into nitrities. This is of great help when it comes to preventing dementia. According to a recent discovery, nitrities open up blood vessels and provide normal blood flow. This makes easy for oxygen to reach oxygen lacking areas.
As you can see, this super healthy vegetable is loaded with healthy nutrients which provide numberless health benefits. The consumption of beets can help you treat health problems like: lower your bad cholesterol, regulate your high blood pressure, strengthen capillary walls, prevent sclerosis, improve brain function and stimulate the metabolism of fats.
In order to be able to prevent all of the above mentioned health issues, you should consume beets on a daily basis.