We can easily say that beets are one of the healthiest vegetables in the world. This super healthy vegetable is excellent made into juice and taste great in soups. Yes, and we can also say that beets are filling, sweet, and wonderful!
Can I ask you a simple question – did you know that beets have tons of health benefits to them as well? Well yes, of course! First, you should know that beets are commonly used to relieve disorders like anemia.
Beets are high in iron and are a great food to eat if you’re menstruating. You’ll be amazed when we tell you that even Hippocrates used beets as a healing plant! Many people around the world used beets to treat many different health problems – for centuries.
As we said, this super healthy vegetable is loaded with iron, and it has the highest content of iron, right after garlic. When it comes to iodine content, this vegetable is second to kale. Beets are loaded with many healthy nutrients and they can boost your metabolism as well. They also give your body potent antioxidants that are more common in red beets.
Here are 12 good reasons why you should add more beets to your healthy diet:
- Did you know that beets are loaded with polyphenols and betalains? Yes, they are and these powerful compounds prevent free radical damage and oxidative stress.
- You should also know that beets are loaded with B vitamins and PP which strengthens capillary walls.
- This super healthy vegetable has great mineral content. Potassium and folate protect heart, magnesium strengthens bones, iron and phosphorus stimulate energy, copper targets free radicals, and iodine participates in the biosynthesis of thyroid hormones.
- And, beets also contain high amounts of cobalt, which means that it supports the formation of vitamin B12. This vitamin is produced by your intestinal microflora. The formation of erythrocytes is practically impossible without vitamin B12 and folic acid.
- The experts say that you should consume beets every day, to rejuvenate your body. Beets are rich in folic acid which aid in the formation of new cells.
- You can also use beets to cleanse your body and flush toxins out of the organism
- You’ll be amazed when we tell you that beets are loaded with betacyanins, which will help you inhibit cancer cell growth.
- Dietary fiber stimulates digestion.
- This super healthy vegetable will also boost your metabolism.
- It will improve the digestion of vitamin D.
- This super healthy vegetable contains high amounts of nitrates. When ingested, these turn into nitrites. This is of great help when it comes to preventing dementia. A recent study has discovered that nitrites open up blood vessels and provide normal blood flow. This makes easy for oxygen to reach oxygen lacking areas.
- Did you know that beets contain more pectin than carrots? Well yes, and pectin aids in the elimination of radioactive and heavy metals from the body. It also prevents the spreading of dangerous intestinal bacteria and various ailments.
Well, ladies and gentlemen, as you can see, beets are loaded with healthy nutrients and they can provide many health benefits. Beets can help you treat and prevent many health problems such as: lower your bad cholesterol, regulate your high blood pressure, strengthen capillary walls, prevent sclerosis, improve brain function and stimulate the metabolism of fats.
This means that you should consume beets every day. we really hope you find this article helpful and don’t forget to share it with your friends and family. Thank You and have a good one!