You can cure your common cold and flu symptoms with ginger-garlic soup comprising of 52 cloves of natural organic garlic, onions, thyme and lemon.
It is not uncommon for people at this time of the year to come down with the flu and common cold. Garlic is effective against viruses and it’s major component — allicin is a natural chemical that will combat illnesses.
Researchers of Washington State University stated that garlic is a hundred times more powerful than most of the pharmaceutical antibiotics in your local store today.
Crushed garlic converts its major ingredient — allin to allicin. This compound helps to regulate blood pressure and cholesterol levels. It will also help the body to avoid the generation of blood clots.
Garlic will prevent atherosclerosis which is a condition involving the thickening of the arteries.
This herb is also known to be effective against digestive problems like diarrhea. Studies habe also shown that garlic will help your body combat certain cancers.
A representative of the BDA 9 British Dietetic Association) and consultant dietitian — Helen Bond, stated that the antibacterial and antifungal properties of allicin has been known by scientists for quite some time now.
Garlic is known to boost your immune system, just crush your garlic and add some olive oil to it then put it on your bread and eat it.
Scientists are still not entirely certain how this natural herb functions. It seems that extensive research into the benefits of garlic which requires many test subjects, time and money is not something most pharmaceutical companies are willing to invest in because this herb is free and easy to procure and with no patent on this natural veggie attainable by the pharmaceutical companies they could care less.
Ginger-Garlic Soup Recipe
- Olive oil — 2 tablespoons
- Garlic cloves — 26 unpeeled cloves
- Cayenne powder — 1/2 teaspoon
- Organic butter — 2 tablespoons
- Sliced Onions — 2 ¼ cups
- Fresh ginger — 1/2 a cup
- Garlic cloves — 26 peeled cloves
- Fresh thyme (chopped) — 1 ½ teaspoons
- Organic veggie broth — 3 ½ cups
- Coconut milk — 1/2 a cup
- Lemon wedges — 4
- Get your oven turned to a heat of 350 F.
- In a glass baking dish place 26 cloves of garlic.
- Have about two tablespoons of raw olive oil added. Put some some sea salt over it.
- Place a baking foil over the baking dish and ensure that you bake the ingredients till the garlic becomes golden brown in color and is soft (bake for about 45 minutes).
- Allow the dish to cool at room temperature, then squeeze the garlic and release the cloves with your fingers.
- Have the cloves put in a bowl.
- Get a saucepan, put the butter on it and put on a high heat to melt the butter.
- Place the onions, cayenne powder, ginger and thyme in the melted butter and keep on cooking until the onions are transparent, this should be for about 6 minutes.
- Place the roasted garlic as well as the 26 raw cloves of garlic and keep cooking for about 3 minutes.
- You can now put the veggie broth in the saucepan cover and allow it to simmer.
- Allow the garlic to soften and become tender, leave for about 20 minutes for this to happen.
- Pour the soup in a blender and blend to get a very smooth texture.
- Take the soup from the blender and put back in a saucepan, then add the coconut milk.
- You should then heat it up and add the sea salt and cayenne pepper for added flavor and taste.
- You can squeeze a single lemon wedge into the soup and it’s ready to be eaten.
(Visited 133 times, 1 visits today)