Joints are extremely important for us because they form the connections between bones and provide support and help us to move. If some kind of disease or injury affects your joints, you will be unable to move and it will cause you a lot of pain.
It may be linked to arthritis, bursitis, and muscle pain.
After certain activities, joint pain can be mild, causing only soreness. On the other hand, in some cases can be severe, making even limited movement, particularly bearing weight, extremely painful.
Try to prepare this oil because it is one of the most effective topical treatments for arthritis and the best part is that you can prepare it in your own kitchen. All you need is cayenne pepper.
The reason why you should use cayenne pepper is because it contins an active compound called capsaicin with natural analgesic or pain-relieving properties.
- 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup of warm olive oil
- In ¼ cup of warm olive oil, add 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper.
- Apply the mixture on the painful joint and allow it to act for 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with warm water.
After only the first application, you will feel much better. However, in order to get the best results, use it 2-3 times on a daily basis until the pain is gone.
Capsaicin depletes a neurotransmitter called substance P, which is responsible for sending pain signals to our brain. This means that if we manage to block the big P, we will never get the memo that something is hurting and therfore end up pain free.
Note: When first applied, you will feel somewhat of a burning sensation, but don’t worry as it is normal. Use this solution with caution if you have sensitive skin. make sure to wear gloves when handling hot pepper powder, and avoid any contact with your eyes. Never apply it on open skin or wounds.
Contact your health care provider if:
- Your joint pain lasts for more than 3 days.
- You have severe, unexplained joint pain and swelling.
- You have fever that is not associated with flu symptoms.
- You have lost 10 pounds or more without trying.