You should, at all cost avoid these 12 dangerous bedtime habits:
- Don’t go to bed with cold feet
Warm your feet everytime before going to bed
- Not having a bedtime routine
Set up a routine before going to bed to teach your brain when is time to sleep, like brushing your teeth, washing your face etc.
- Avoid drinking coffee 4 hours before going to bed
Caffeine is very bad and keep you awake for longer time.
- Avoid certain sleeping positions
Experts advise sleeping on the left side as a better position for your body to rest.
- Keep the electronic devices away from the bed
Scrolling on your phone or tablet before going to bed can have a very negative effect because the brightness from the screen prevents the brain from falling asleep.
- Believe it or not, you should avoid books as well
Reading before bedtime is also known as a way to keep you awake for a longer period of time.
- Avoid a bright alarm clock
Light or anything similar can drag your attention and disturb your sleep and you will not wake up rested in the morning.
- Don’t drink any fluids an hour before going to bed
Fluids make you go to the bathroom more often and it will disturb your sleep.
- Avoid afternoon naps
Afternoon naps make you feel rested longer and your body doesn’t need sleep.It also chages your sleeping routine so try to avoid them.
- Don’t sleep on a low-quality mattress
Quality mattresses are very important for a good night sleep. You will wake up rested and energized.
- Don’t eat 2 hours before going to bed
When you lie down with a full stomach, you won’t fall asleep fast as the digestion process keeps the body awake.
- Avoid exercising 3 hours before going to bed
When you exercise your body fills with adrenaline and this is the reason you can’t go to sleep quickly.